Thank you for visiting the website of St. Lawrence Parish. We invite you to join us at Mass!
If you are interested in joining the Parish, please contact the Parish Office at 262-644-5701, Ext. 2 or click on the tab Join Us.
News and Events
from Father Jonathon
The priests of the Archdiocese had a conference call on April 1 with Archbishop Listecki and other archdiocesan staff. Several decisions were communicated:
- We cannot distribute palms on Palm Sunday - as previously communicated. I am also disappointed and frustrated with this decision - because I thought the palms (though unnecessary) would be a helpful, physical contact with the Church and your faith. However, it reminds us again to stay close to Jesus.
- Given state and federal recommendations, the suspension of the public celebration of Mass has been extended until May 3. The obligation to attend Sunday Mass has been lifted until May 31. (This all could change again...)
- The previous schedule for the Holy Week & Triduum will continue as previously communicated:
- Palm Sunday: On Sunday, April 5, 2020, Fr. Jonathon will celebrate Mass privately at 9:00 AM at Resurrection Church.
- Holy Thursday: Father Jonathon will celebrate the Mass of the Lord’s Supper privately at 7:00 PM at St. Peter.
- Good Friday: Father Jonathon will celebrate the Good Friday Liturgy privately at 1:00 PM on April 10 at St. Lawrence.
- Holy Saturday: The Easter Vigil Mass will be celebrated privately at 8:30 PM at St. Peter.
- Easter Sunday: Father Jonathon will celebrate Mass privately at 10:00 AM at St. Peter.
We are working on ways to broadcast/stream the liturgies of these most holy days. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding. Changes will be communicated as best as possible.The bulletin will continue to be available outside each church. Bulletins from all parishes are available at St. Peter. They are also available online on your parish website.
Saint Peter Church is open every day (on behalf of all three parishes) from 11 AM to 7 PM for private prayer for ten people at a time. Confessions will be offered from at 11 AM-Noon and 6-7PM.
Trusting in God: I am aware that this time is a very difficult, trying period – perhaps even challenging your faith. I encourage you to remain close to God and his Church – through your private prayer, by reaching out to the parish, by reading the Scriptures each day. I am also aware that some people would prefer we continue “business as usual” and push back more against current governmental regulations – regarding gatherings, opening churches, etc. Yes, we trust in God. But God also made us rational beings – therefore, we also find science and its research and recommendations – a necessary part of human life. It is no coincidence that the Church has always been the leader in scientific research. Therefore, as faithful Christians, we rely both on faith and reason as we move through this unprecedented time in the history of Christ’s Church.
Finally – know how much we love and care about you and your families! If we can be of help in anyway, please feel free to call us.
May Our Lady of Good Help pray for us, our families, and those who are helping to keep us safe!
May God’s assistance remain with us always,
In the Heart of Jesus,
Father Jonathon Schmeckel
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Disciple Maker Index Survey. Results will be compiled by Catholic Leadership Institute. We will share the findings for our parish later this spring/summer.
To view pictures of the Capital Campaign work go to the tab "Parish Life - Photos" to see the work as it has progressed. Your generous donations have made this work possible!
The Capital Campaign launched on the weekend of April 6 & 7, 2019 with a goal of $250,000. It is anticipated that the projects will be completed in time for our 175th Anniversary in 2021. As of March 9, we have reached over 101% of our goal! Thank you to the parishioners who have donated! If you would like to make a donation please contact the Parish Office or complete the form(s) below.
Tuesday & Thursday: 8:00am
(Tuesday includes Devotional Mother of Perpetual Help)